What a wonderful holiday! I secretly wish I was Irish so I could truely celebrate and not feel like a fake - but all in all I LOVE everything Irish. Green - love it. Beer - love it. Irish jig music - LOVE it! If I could go anywhere over seas again, it would be Ireland. My fam and I pub crawled our way through Ireland in the summer of 2004 and I couldn't get enough of it. I like to think that is the reason I am not a beer snob. However, I will admit I don't love Guiness... hush, don't tell the Leprechans! Harp may be my favorite beer... my mom and I even have a little hand sign for it. Looks something like this...
Tony got off work at 1:00 (I guess his boss was antsy too) and when I got home we made our way to Fred P. Otts. Now, this is no Irish bar but it's close to our house and we figured it wouldn't be too busy. Don't get me wrong... if I had the choice, I would have had my butt on a barstool at Kellys in Westport about 8 am. But when you get off work at 5, it's hard to be motivated to face the drunkards - even with green beer. So to my surprise, P.Otts had green beer! And Irish music! And a lot of people in green! YESSS!! We called my parents and they came to meet us. Dad ordered a small Guiness at first... silly move. From there on out we all stuck with the biggies... What a fun night it was!! :) Cheers!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment