Life is what we make it... always has been... always will be.



Thursday, November 18, 2010

Saddle Up!

A few weeks ago, my dad bought us tickets to the Rodeo at Kemper Arena.  For those of you who don't know, my dad has become quite the cowboy.  He frequents TX reguarly and recently sold his suburban for a truck.  A big truck.  A serious cowboy truck.  I was pretty excited to see what it was all about, considering the last rodeo I went to was when I was 8 and my brother was 3.  My parents thought it was a good idea to sign my brother up for the 'sheep ride', and the last thing they told him was 'just don't let go!'. And he didn't.  The huge sheep flipped over and landed on his little body, knocking him out cold.  He lived obviously, but we still joke that's what's wrong with him :)  Back to the present day rodeo... here we are before it starts.  Wish you could see our boots.  Well, not Tony's because he doesn't have any (I'm working on it), but the rest of ours.  Tony thought he would look 'too country' in his plaid button down.  I asked him how he thought everyone else in the arena would be dressed.  He didn't have to tell me Good Point, I could tell by his face he agreed.


Dad showed us up
It may appear that my dad is part of the show  rodeo, but he's not.  My mom says, 'some guys go through mid-life crisis' and buy fancy cars and young women, I'm okay if your dad becomes a cowboy'  That comment still makes me laugh. 

Gross pic of me, I'm 99% sure I didn't shower that day..

Ready for some bucking broncos!


My fav event by far was the bucking broncos.  They are way more intense in person than those mechanical ones at the bars - Obv.  but those guys are nuts! 
Tony and I both had a hard time watching the roping.  The tying of the legs wasn't as bad as when they tackled the calves head and ripped it to the side so it laid down.  It hurt me.
The Budweiser Clydesdales paid us a visit too.  I took pictures, but they turned out super dark and I didn't want you to have to strain your eyes to see them.  You're welcome. 
Rodeo ended... BUT WAIT!  Dierks Bentley came out on the stage to perform.  (I'm loving this rodeo more and more).  I've seen him a couple of times before, but he was wonderful!  Made me forget all about those poor little calves twisted necks! 



2 comments:

  1. Every time Chris even hears the word "rodeo" he has to tell Mac's "mutton bustin" story. I don't even know if he was there but he sure acts like he was :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol!! I'm sure he was there. I think we were all there in our wranglers and hats. Good ol' GB :)

    ReplyDelete