So at 4:00 I got off work, picked Marg up and we headed home. As I pulled up to my house I realize that Janet's car is still in my driveway. What?! She has been there FOREVER! I know my house wasn't that dirty! At that exact time, Emily called to see if she can bring over the booze she bought for the shower. I told her I'd just come and get it since I didn't want to unleash the white dog onto our new cleaning lady... just yet. Unfortunately (for me not Dave) Em had to go pick up Dave from the airport so I couldn't pass time with her and Rev. Gina was at happy hour, and oh ya, it was raining out so I wasn't about to put Margo outside in the mud anywhere. So I decided just to go home and see how much longer she would be. It couldn't be that long right? I left Marg in the garage and walked in to her in the kitchen with all of my spices out of my spice rack and cleaning each one individually. I about died! I was laughing so hard and saying things like 'oh wow! I didn't realize you were going to clean all of that!' And other things like 'I don't think I've ever cleaned that/those.' Including, but not limited to my candle sconces on the wall, on top of the refrigerator, the closet floors, and even the fireplace. Then I understood why she had been there so freaking long... every piece of anything in my house had been thoroughly cleaned. I apologized to her about underneath the couches b/c I'm sure that wasn't a pretty site. She said she found about 17 tennisballs.
I could hear Marg in the garage scratching on the door. I'm sure she was super confused as to why I just left her in there. So I told Janet I would leave so she could finish. She said it would be another hour. What?! Seriously, what am I going to do with a dog, while it's raining, for another hour?
Well, we went on a date to McDonalds.
![]() |
| Cheesebooger, Cheesebooger, Cheesebooger. |
And sat in the parking lot and had deep meaningful conversations about life (and squirrels). For an hour. I'm now her new favorite parent.
More to come on the shower... I need pictures. Friends? I need pictures. Thanks.

Do you feed her the entire cheeseburger?! Luckiest dog ever!
ReplyDeleteHaha! Yes, she gets a whole plain cheeseburger. I'm pretty sure she would eat 8 if I'd let her. She's a fatty.
ReplyDeleteLove it, all of it! How much did your over the top maid cost?!?!?
ReplyDeleteI'm with Jess, what was the cost for this maid and will she come clean my house? This sounds like the kind of cleaning I need, my house is a disaster.
ReplyDeleteGirls, I am addicted. She was amazing. For the first 5 hr. DEEP clean she charged $125, but that included a mop and some cleaning supplies she prefers to work with. She just left them at my house. She will come back every other week and charges $60-$80. She'll only take about 3 hrs. every time from now on. (I say 'only', I dont think I've ever cleaned constantly for that long). Just had to get the initial dirty cleaning out of the way I guess. I swear it's worth every penny- I was estatic! Janet's #(913) 663-1150. She'll come do a free consult and evaluate how much depending on the size of your house.
ReplyDeleteOh and she informed me that she cleans for an FBI agent and he's already ran a background check on her :)
This.Is.The.Best.Post.Ever. Seriously, I am dying laughing right now!
ReplyDelete