Life is what we make it... always has been... always will be.



Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I'm Alive

In case you were wondering... I survived the MS walk.  Now I realize that a lot of people were running marathons this last weekend, but my goals are small and I'm fine with that :)

Here's a breakdown of our day.  Tony said he would drive us all down to the plaza so we didn't have to get there really early and find a parking spot.  I woke up a little late, jumped in the shower and kept telling Tony 'just 2 more minutes and I'm ready'.  Then I started looking for my tennis shoes... 10 minutes later I dug them out of the back of my closet, told Tony they were probably going to give me blisters b/c I hadn't worn them for so long and we were out the door.  We picked up the neighbors, Gina and Emily and were on our way to get Rachel when Tony asked where in the plaza we were going.  We all just looked at each other and shrugged.  Not surprising that we hadn't even thought of this considering we found out how long the walk was on the day before, and 2 out of 4 of us hadn't even registered to walk online.  Just donated.  The actual only thing that matters.  Well, we found the sea of people in tennies and fanny packs, so we headed in that direction.  Tony made some comment that if we were going to jog he would stick around to watch and then go park 3 blocks down to pick me up.  I love him too. 

Here we are all ready to go.

We arrived about 10 minutes before race time.  I say 'race' very loosely.  We did have time to register when we got there, but didn't want to fight the line, so we just jumped in the crowd.  We might have been the only one's without official numbers pinned to us.  Whatev.
It wasn't long before the girls noticed that my tennies don't really 'tie'.  Seriously, what was I thinking?  At least they are pretty in purple!

Off we went, we tried to get towards the beginning b/c all of those people were making me claustrophobic.  I don't know how people run marathons for competition... I would be a huge anxiety ball trying to get through that mob of people. 

Pretty Friends

Mob of people
 After awhile of walking we saw this sign and got a smile on our faces...

You better believe we chose this direction.  We could see the end in sight.

We finished the race, well, made it back to the plaza.  The End.






Oh you thought our day ended there?  Here's the best part.  We spent another 45 minutes walking around the plaza trying to find a bloody mary.  Evidently nowhere on the plaza opens until 11 on Saturday.  Buzz kill.  So we took some pictures with the creepy bunnies.


We made it all the way around and found out that Cheesecake Factory was open earlier, so we dashed in an ordered an early lunch accompanied by these lovelies. By the time we got there we decided we might have well as gone the Long Route b/c surely we had walked 6 miles.


After some places had opened we spent some time on the roof of O'dowds, then went to Kona for their Saturday happy hour to get some more grub.







Those strawberry margs were delish.  Somehow I managed to spill mine all over myself.


I thought the 'Cal and Em drink America' shirt was appropriate for the day.  I was really hoping that someone would see me on the news and decide to sponsor our TV show.  We would like to be the Anthony Bourdain's of the beverage world.  Best job ever.  Someone crushed my dreams when they told me there's a show called Three Sheets and it's the same thing.  Tear.  I still think we would probably bring in a better audience. :)  

Then we headed back to O'Dowds.



And then to Maloney's to meet our hubbys.  And then we went to bed.

Now it's The End.

2 comments:

  1. Fun! Congrats on your achievement but really, I only have two words for you: Skinny bitch! I hate that you don't work out and you look DAMN good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post makes me not feel alive...wooo still feeling are 10:30 to Midnight adventure...soooo much fun :) AND I agree with Krista....Skinny B!!!

    ReplyDelete