Life is what we make it... always has been... always will be.



Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Weekend Recap

Here's a few highlights of our weekend...

Friday we attended a happy hour at the Brockus' and I got to hang out with baby Wally.  I really wish I would have taken pictures...  wah wahhh. 

Saturday Gina and I headed down to the River Market farmer's market.  I was a River Market FM virgin, so this absolutely made my weekend.  It was amazing even though it's still pretty early in the season.  I scored 8 japs, 4 limes, a red onion, and a zuchinni for $3.  Deal.  What wasn't a deal was the tomatoes that Gina and I got robbed on.  $5.50 for 2.  Ouch.  Farmer Joe told us that they were the first of the season and those are always the best.  We bit it hook, line and sinker and purchased them, laughing as we walked back to the car about how we just got hosed.  We had BLT's last night and they were actually pretty worth it.  Farmer Joe was right.  I also got some romaine lettuce and strawberrys which made a delicious salad last night with our sandwiches, yum. 

There were lots of stands selling dream catchers or dream weavers whatever they are called, you know the Indian things that look like a tennis racquet?  I didn't know there was such a demand for those in North KC, but I guess I was wrong. 

Gina and I also purchased some very pricey jam.  Some guy had a dip that we tried and I'm telling you it was one of the best things I've eaten.  That's the way to sell jam people... feed it to everyone walking by.  It was Mango Jalapeno jam mixed with black beans and cream cheese.  I bought the black raspberry jalapeno kind too and I'm so excited to try it out.  Who wants to come over for drinks and jam?  I'm thinking it deserves a party. 

Then I bought some herbs... we'll see if I can keep them alive.  You should have heard all the questions I was asking this lady.  'how do you water them? how often do you water them? how big will they get?  what size of pots do they need to be in?'  They were super cheap - 3 for $5.  Then I had to go by the pots which countered out the cheapness, but I had to get the pretty ones.  They will probably end up under our deck with all my other 'pretty' pots I had to have.  I promise I'm going to do better watering my flowers this year. Promise.



They had to make the move inside since Sunday was like a wind storm.  Poor little things were sideways on our deck.

As we were leaving River Market we passed some people sitting outside with a beer tower, so naturally we made a stop by Maloney's patio on our way home for some bevs.  It was so gorg outside, I even got a little sunburnt.  Not hard to do considering I am ghostly white.

Saturday night we grilled out and did some of this on the deck.



We also found out that Margo likes jelly beans.  Of coarse she does.  Pretty sure she hasn't ever crossed anything she won't eat.

She leaves trails of slobber... not hard to figure out who was in the candy jar.

4 comments:

  1. I would say our first FM date was a success...had so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your margo stories :) i can't wait to hit up the farmer's market - so happy spring is here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the FM!! The Slobber trails are ALL too familiar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, love the FM! The downtown one is the best. I can relate to the slobber trails, Jake does the EXACT same thing:)

    ReplyDelete