Life is what we make it... always has been... always will be.



Friday, May 31, 2013

Another year older... another year... wiser?

Well, I'm not sure about being wiser, but this is the first birthday since oh I don't know say 18 that will be spent sober.  So does that make me wiser?  Or just pregnant? 

Next year is the big 3.0. so I'll just have to celebrate a little harder for lost time. 

Over the years, I think I've rubbed off on my husband with gift giving.  He used to make me wait until the actual day to open any presents.  I usually make him open his gifts whenever they are ready to be opened.  I just get so excited to give stuff to him!  Well, this year, he told me that he had my present on Tuesday and asked if I wanted to open it.  I said I'd wait until my actual birthday because I figured he'd make me anyways.  Not 5 mintues later, he's bringing it into the kitchen saying 'I want you to open it.' 
Twist my arm....

Now, there might have been an email sent out with a few options on diaper bags I've had my eye on, but he totally took the reins and picked one all by himself.  He has good taste.  He picked my favorite.



Damn, things have sure changed.  From hand bags to diaper bags.


And then he gave me the meanest card.  Ever.



My mouth is still drooling.

The inside says 'Have Fun Today in December'

Which I promptly corrected him that I am having the baby in October, and that will soon be followed by a giant glass of vino.  What is this waiting until December nonsense???

So CHEERS to myself and a sober birthday.
I will be spending my evening in a church parking lot*
Cue the violins....


*Tony's BBQ competition is this weekend.  In a church parking lot.  I'm not just going to hang out in a church parking lot.  I'm actually really excited - the BBQ is one of the best weekends of the summer.  Hoping for the same results as last year!







1 comment:

  1. I wondered what the hell December meant too! I love reading your blog, you are too cute Callie, I'm sure this baby will be too!

    ReplyDelete