Life is what we make it... always has been... always will be.



Friday, October 4, 2013

9 months, A wreck & Getting fatter by the day

This 9 month pregnancy mark is for the freakin' birds.

I am over it.

This week started out with the worst Monday known to man.  I was driving to work, heading East, which is where the sun comes up apparently.  The sun on Monday was blinding.  Blinding I tell you! I come up on a small hill and a PARKED construction truck which I didn't see AT ALL until it was too late.  I swirved, but not before I hit the back end of the truck with the entire passenger side of my car. 

The funny part (I like to find funny parts in my mishaps) is that there were 5-6 construction workers standing around the truck and they were like little mexican jumping beans going right and left.  Thank the Lord I didn't hit any of them!  That would have made for a worse Monday. 

I was so freaked out, then they didn't want me to call the cops (I'm assuming because they were illegal), so we exchanged info and I left.  Crying the whole way home.  I talked to Tony, he convinced me to go back to the crime scene to get a police report for the insurance. So I went.  And I got a ticket for some sort of not paying attention reason.  And the other guy got a ticket for not having a current insurance card.

I originally told Tony that I just knocked off my passenger side mirror.  That's honestly what I thought.  $6,200 later.  Everything on the passenger side of my car has to be fixed.  Ooops. 

So now, I'm driving my mom's Camry.  Which let me tell you, it's hard as hell to get in and out of that little thing when you are as big as me.  And I'll be doing it for the next 2 weeks until my car is fixed, which also has our carseat, ya know the one we just got installed, in it. 

My Dr. wanted me to go get checked out at the hospital.  So my day continued to get better.  I was put in a Triage room and was told they had to hold me for 6 hours to monitor me and the baby.  Good news is that we are both absolutely fine.  I tried conviencing them to just go ahead and induce me since I was already there.  Made sense to me.  No such luck.


Today is Friday, and not only am I having issues getting in and out of the Camry, but I can no longer fit into my maternity jeans.  Jean Fridays at work are my fav.  So you can imagine my utter disappointment when I went to put on my jeans this morning and they had a giant rip in the crotch.  Awesome.  I wonder when that happened?  Like was I walking around with ripped jeans the last time I wore them?  So currently I'm sitting at my desk in a maxi skirt.  On jean day. 

3 more weeks at the most.  3 more weeks of pretending that maxi skirts and leggings are appropriate clothing for the work place.  Let's all say a quick little prayer that baby Line decides to make an early appearance.  Like today. 




7 comments:

  1. OMG that really is the worst Monday ever! So glad you both are okay!! Thank you for the laughs you gave me in your expense ;) it'll all be worth it soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness what a Monday! I'm so glad you and baby are okay, and all the Mexican jumping beans. :) We will definitely be close in our delivery dates! Unless we need him out sooner, we've got a c section scheduled for 10/21. We'll be over at Shawnee Mission Med so won't cross paths, but will have to meet up later!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are ok and the baby!! But I will tell you i had the SAME experience with my maternity jeans and didn't realize the hole until I was on my way to work and almost there - so I stopped at Walgreens and got some safety pins and tried to fix it. Then when I sat down the pins came undone and stuck me in the crotch. AHH. All around a bad day to be pregnant. :) So feel better that ripping the crotch is not just you!! Hang in there lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are ok! The last few weeks suck, to say the least. Did you find out if you have to replace your carseat? Once they are in an accident they are supposed to be replaced. Most of the time covered by insurance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry but I still am laughing. Just glad you and the babe are ok! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you and that baby are okay!

    ReplyDelete