Another season of American Idol is about to wrap up. The top 2 will be announced tonight.
I'm hoping for... Lee and Crystal
I'm hoping for... Lee and Crystal
They've been my favs from the start. Well minus cutie patootie Tim Urban, but we all knew he wasn't going to get to the end. He was always so surprised when he made it through... deer in the headlights face.
This is really only the 3rd year I have really been into it. I watched it here and there before, but after my boyfriend (it's okay Tony knows) David Cook was on it, I was hooked. Ahh small sigh for DC. Side note: I saved his 'always be my baby' show on our DVR for a good year and a half until we changed cable companies and it was gone forever. Tear.
Last year I loved Adam Lambert - not in the boyfriend way though... pretty positive he is into dudes. He is just amazing and so talented!
This year I struggled a bit getting into it. Most of the Top24 annoyed me. I did however always love Crystal. I like her story and even though I think she should have more personality on stage, I think she is wonderful. Then out of the blue, this Lee character started ROCKING it! Last night's performance of Hallaluyah was incredible!! Major goosebumps. P.S. I made Tony save it on our DVR... wonder how long that will be around?? Anyways, Gina and I have been sending our love through our calling votes. He will thank us personally when he wins I'm sure.
I didn't get to go to the A.I. concert to see David Cook, so when he came into town for a solo concert I. was. going. Tickets on sale at 9 am - got it. I'm at work, 9 am hits, I call and I'm on hold................ 7 minutes later a lady answers and tells me that it's sold out. In 7 minutes??!! Wtf? I think I was depressed for a good 2 weeks.
Last year was the first year I experienced the A.I. concert ... maybe the best time of my summer. Sunday concert at P&L when it's nice outside = Funday Sunday day drinking with friends early. Gina, Emily and I had SO much fun!! And getting to see Adam Lambert sing in person was pretty awesome (ask Emily about it, I'm sure she can give you a play by play of the whole concert... or not) :) We were a little worried about being the oldest people there and getting stuck behind the million teenieboppers with glittery signs, but surprisingly there were a ton of mom's that were more excited to be there then we were!
This year we are going again - can't wait for August. It's on a Friday this year... thank God!
See you soon Lee!!!
And I need to give a shout out to Gina for giving me the idea of this post :)


No comments:
Post a Comment