Life is what we make it... always has been... always will be.



Friday, April 29, 2011

Easta Weekend

Tony and I headed to Hutch America last Thursday for a long weekend.  It was a well overdue long weekend.  Tony had Friday off without knowing it.  I found this funny b/c he is the boss and I asked him 'don't you make those decisions?'  Apparently the employees have always had Good Friday off and scheduled it that way.  He was happy about it and even though I had to use a vaca day, I was happy too.  I think everyone needs Good Friday off.  Or every Friday for that matter. 

On Friday morning we went to the Cosmosphere.  I hadn't been to the Cosmosphere since a High School fieldtrip about 10 years ago.  Tornado Alley was the IMAX presentation and the real reason for us wanting to go.  Anyone watch Storm Chasers??  Tornado Alley is the film that Sean Casey was making during the episodes of Storm Chasers.  While I think Sean is total d-bag, we thought seeing the completed film would be fun since we were avid watchers of the show.  We were a little disappointed in the lack of actual tornado footage, but I still liked it. And I didn't have to 'close my eyes and put my head in between my legs' like they tell you to do if you feel nausous, which was a plus.


This is the thing that landed on the moon.  I don't know the name, but I'm pretty sure it's called 'the thing that landed on the moon'  (Tony will be embarrassed of this comment.)


After the show, we all headed to The Anchor.  Hutch's famous mexican joint.  It is pretty delish, but I still hold my ground that it's not as good as Delgado's (you GB peeps know what I mean). 

Then we did some shopping at the little boutiques around Hutch.  They have some adorable ones! 

Saturday we headed to Wichita for an Easter party at Kerri's.  I've never seen someone celebrate Easter with such a big stylish celebration.  There were probably 30-40 people there, gobs of food, a huge egg hunt, and a keg.  Holllaaaa!  I have no pictures, I was eating the entire time I was there. 

Saturday night in Hutch was the biggest event (besides Jesus rising from the dead of coarse).  Tony's dad is turning 60 next weekend and him and Valerie are off to Hawaii for a week.  Since we don't get to celebrate with him on the day, we threw a surprise party.  Hawaiian themed. 

Surprised.  For sure.


I have no idea how, but Jeannie had enough hawaiian shirts for everyone.


Family pic





Tony made up a trivia game that was called 'You Don't Know Dick'.  For those who may not know... Tony's dad's name is Richard.  Otherwise known as Rich... and Dick.  Except no one calls him Dick.

We all learned lots of stuff.  Things like when Rich is bored he likes to sleep, he'd want to be stuck in an elevator with Frank, and Valerie is in control of the remote.

Game time!

Shot time?
 Ahh yes, shot time.  Kim and I talked about bringing something fun to drink.  I grabbed a couple of bottles of Bethenny Frankel's Skinny Girl margaritas (they weren't all they're hyped up to be), and Kim brought a Family Tequila Shot.  And that's why I love her. :)





Blech.


Birthday Boy and Son

And a couple of group pics in closing.  One with me and one with Kim.  We were the rotating photogs.



I'm so glad we could celebrate the big 6-0 with Rich!  Errr um Dick! :)

3 comments:

  1. I love this post! Two comments - I believe that was the Apollo 11?! And Tits Up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun weekend! Happy Birthday Rich :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've tried a ton of Mexican places in Houston, but every time it ends with Chris saying, "not as good as Delgado's!" And speaking of GB…I hope you guys are coming to the Fat Hog 500!

    ReplyDelete