Life is what we make it... always has been... always will be.



Monday, May 2, 2011

Spring Projects

I've had some requests for another Margo post, but she ate my Sperry's last week and we still aren't on speaking terms, so let's talk about how productive I was this weekend shall we?? Okay. 

We had some projects to do around the house for the weekend and we were thrilled that the weather cooperated. 

Project #1- Add a storm door to the front.

Before
 Yes, that is my Easter wreath that's still up. 

Here's Tony in the process with his stop-taking-pictures-and-help-me face.


 6 hrs. and one emergency patient later, here's what we had...
Neither one of us were the emergency patients, thank God.  Tony got called in to save someone's tooth.  He's a good guy like that.

Project #2- Paint the old yucky patio furniture

My parents have had this patio set for as long as I can remember.  When they moved from Great Bend it was passed on to us and I hadn't done anything with it since, but I wanted to keep it b/c I think it has a lot of character.  Well, it needed some a lot of love after sitting outside for years without a fresh coat of paint.


And there's the shoe eater
So I grabbed me a can of spray paint...

And off I went.  Those gloves didn't last long, they were super annoying.  After about a chair and a half I ran out of paint.  Duh.  Apparently I don't spray paint often, I guess I thought the can was never ending and one would get me through.  I went back to Home Depot and came back with another can.  It ran out too.  I'm an idiot.  So back I went again.  3rd time was a charm. 

I might have sent Emily a text message saying 'spray painting is a bitch.  I'm ready for a drink.'  My right hand is still getting cramps and looks a little bit like a claw.  But the end result was worth it.




And here are the cushions I bought for it.  Yes, they are a little large, but I had issues finding smaller ones, so they will have to work.

So here's the layout of our deck, where I sat and enjoyed the fruits of my labors over a cocktail while Tony finished the door.


Then I got a hold of this guy...


He was in need of a makeover too and I didn't want him to feel left out.  Nothing was safe with that paint can in my hand.  Margo's lucky she didn't cross my path.


Project #3 - DIY kitchen island

We are almost done with this beaut.  This is just a sneak peek.  I'll post before and after pictures when we finish the grouting and sealing.



Okay, okay, here's a picture of Shoe Eater in all her glory.


3 comments:

  1. Your posts always make me laugh! The deck furniture looks great and I can't wait to see the finished island!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work...everything looks AWESOME! Can't wait to see the island :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good looking deck!!! :)

    ReplyDelete