Anyone out there that loves Bethenny Frankel as much as me? I had been dying to try her Skinny Girl margarita. I spotted some at my favorite store in OP. Notice how I didn't say favorite liquor store? Just my favorite store in general - MDL at 95th and Antioch. At the time I spotted it, I was already carrying 3-4 wine bottles and at the risk of dropping one and embarrasing myself (I'm learning), I decided I'd grab it on the next trip.
The next trip was before we headed to Hutch for Rich's birthday and Easter. I bought two bottles and was so excited to try them out. They come in glass bottles, like the shape of wine bottles, which makes me love them even more. I opened 'er up and poured it over ice with some limes...first sip. Not entirely what I expected, it tasted a little watered down. Then I realized that I loved them more than regular margs (with the mix stuff) because it wasn't as sweet. It's very light and refreshing. In fact, I'm kind of craving one right now.
As I was watching Bethenny on Watch What Happens Live (my other favorite show besides Real Housewives of anywhere), Andy Cohen told her he heard she made $120 million selling Skinny Girl to Jim Beam. WHAT??? $120 million. That's like a Beyonce & Jay Z salary. She has been doing it for a year and sold it for big bucks! She wouldn't confirm the amount, but kept saying that it was a lot of money.
This whole story got my friends and I thinking. We need to make a liquor, wine, spirit, etc. Sure, we aren't as popular as a Real Housewife star, but surely my blog followers would jump on the bandwagon. Wouldn't you?
I won't tell you Emily's brilliant idea for our line of wine, because who knows? If I win the lotto tomorrow, I will be doing this.
However, I can share our backup plan b/c it involves my dog.
How about a margarita brand - one of those bucket-o-fun styles, that's called Fatty Marg's. Andddd... wait for it....Margo will be our mascot.
Excuse me as I go fatten up my dog even more.... we've got a photo shoot to get ready for.
That's my favorite liquor store too. And I JUST bought those skinny girl margaritas last week.
ReplyDeleteI am so on board with this business idea!
ReplyDelete