Life is what we make it... always has been... always will be.



Friday, July 8, 2011

Lions, Tigers, and Bears, Oh My!

My parents are on a 2 week vaca to Yellowstone, hiking, camping, bar hopping to whatever bars are in the neighborhood.  Oh and they did make a stop in Sturgis.  My mom text me that she was having some brews with the bikers.  I love her. 

Today I got an email from my dear friend Lacey saying:

So yesterday I called my Mom and she was like Dad just heard that a 57 year old man got mauled by a bear at Yellowstore Park, and Rob and Lynn are at Yellowstone. Have you heard from Callie?!  I was like no....and she goes ok that makes me feel better because I tried to call Lynn and she didn't answer but I'm sure if something happened you would have heard from Cal.  I was like shit! I hope Rob didn't get eaten by a bear!

I got to thinking... shit, I haven't heard from my mom since Wednesday.  I calmly text my mom.  Then I decided to google the incident.  The report I read said they weren't releasing the name of the man until all family members were notified.  Shit again.  I hadn't heard back from my mom.  Maybe she lost her phone as she was running from the bear. 

20 minutes later.

My phone beeped.  It was my mom.  Dad had not been eaten, but they did drive by that exact spot the morning of the attack.  Phew!  They are alive and well living up north.  Of coarse I prayed for the poor family that did get attacked, but I can go on with my day for now. 

Happy Friday All!  Stay away from those bears...

No comments:

Post a Comment