Krista and I met for happy hour at Cafe Trio. I got there first and our series of texts went like this:
Me: Outside?
K: Are you serious?
Me: They have misters.
As if misters would save us from the 98 degree weather. We tried to play it cool until we couldn't handle the heat anymore and moved inside. Their patio was amazing!
To our delight, Tuesday are 1/2 price wine night. Match made in heaven. After 2 glasses of the Cab that the waitress recommended, I couldn't decide on my next move. The bartender suggested one of their beers on tap. I was lame and went with a Blue Moon, but it was a great refresher.
The best part of the whole night, well besides being with Krista and her using the word 'horribler', was when I looked at the menu and saw this:
![]() |
| A Margo pizza! |
Duh, I had to order it. It did not disappoint, delish!
We also had maybe the best spin dip I've ever had.
About this time we moved again, this time further down the bar to give us some more room. It was like we were playing musical chairs. Good thing the bartenders didn't care, they brought us over a "taste tester". It just looked like a giant shot to me, don't try to use fancy words to disguise it.
Apparently I was loving the recommendations last night as I had a tweet from one of my fav bloggers, Trophy Wife, who told me to try the Sangria. Bring it on!
When the bartender set it in front of me, my eyes about popped out of my head.
It was the biggest glass of Sangria I'd ever seen.
Cafe Trio was not messing around.
It didn't look big in that picture, so we had to use props to show the comparison...
| That's a tall beer glass to the left, and Krista's bigger than normal sized wine glass. |
It came with two straws. I'm not sure if it always comes with two straws or if the bartender was trying to tell us something :)
| Jam Jar Wine |
We had a blast and I loved Cafe Trio. It might be my new favorite happy hour spot. Especially on Tuesdays.
Who's going with me next week?



Ha! Cafe Trio Drinko, I about died! Def didn't disappoint and def gave me a hangover. Thanks for not making me look like a bad mom with the 'forgot my kid hit his head at daycare' comment. What can I say? HH's with Cal distract me from reality because they are so much fun!! :)
ReplyDeleteI want that Sangria! Like now. And Blue Moon is never a lame choice!
ReplyDelete