My parent's friends, the Marmie's, daughter got married this weekend. The reception was at the same place as Tony and I's. Great to attend another wedding there and see the similarities and differences! It was fun to re-inact it! Well, we didn't get married again (at least I don't think we did). Cocktail hour, including a magician, took place before the reception started... at 4:00. Makes for an early celebration! We headed up to the reception room to dinner and the dance. The groom is Dominican so their first dance started slow and then moved into a salsa like performance. Absolutely adorable!
Here's a few pictures of the party:
My dad with his crazy friends... they were all in good shape at this point.
My mama and I.
Handsome hubs
Mom and pops. My dad kept telling people he was going to serve ice cream outside of the building after the dance b/c of his sear sucker suit. He wore that same suit to church every single father's day as I was growning up. I kept invisioning the scene on Father of the Bride when Steve Martin tries to get into his wedding tux and it rips in two...
We ended the weekend with going to my parents house for brunch on Sunday morning after the wedding. Nothing a tequila sunrise and breakfast burrito w/ fresh salsa can't fix!!







The only thing that Rob is missing is the #1 Dad button...gotta love Dr. Wilson :)
ReplyDeleteHe wore it to my wedding too!
ReplyDelete