Last week my driver's side car window decided it was going to break and get stuck in my door. Completely down. This hasn't been a problem because we haven't had rain. Until today. At lunch I was home when it started to pour. I attempted to leave anyways, but once I got about a block down I realized it wasn't happening, so I turned around and went home. I text my boss to ask if I could wait until it let up b/c broken window + rain do not mix. He said that was fine. So I swept the floor and cleaned the kitchen while I waited. Multi-tasking at it's best. It started to let up and I decided to make a move. I jumped in the car (towel in hand) and headed down the street. I got about 1/4 of the way to my office and it started pouring again. So I'm trying to hold the towel up to cover me (and the inside of my car) while driving and yelling FML at the top of my lungs. Fail. This is harder than it sounds. I felt like I was running through a sprinkler. Plus, everytime a car passed me, I got a blast of street water in my face. Which of coarse was followed by some more FML's. I'm sure you can imagine how pretty I look right now with my wet hair, wet face and wet shirt... which by the way is WHITE. Do you think it's inappropriate that I ran into work wearing a wet white tank top? Ohhh, it's not Wet T-Shirt Thursdays today?? My bad.
As Tony is laughing at me, he goes ahead and tells me that 'you should have press and sealed it'. That's why he's the Dr. However, then I would have shown up on one of those Redneck There I Fixed It emails.
I can't wait to get back into my car for the ride home... I'm sure my seat won't be wet.
Worst day ever for you...however I'm LMAO right now! This story pretty much made my day and I can just picture the whole thing! MUAHHH but atleast it gets fixed tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteBahahahahaha! Sorry to laugh, but this story is funny. I'm not sure I would have even attempted it.
ReplyDeleteyour posts always make me look like a fool at work because i start laughing out loud and people look at me like i'm crazy!
ReplyDelete