On Labor Day there is an annual washer tournament consisting of about 30-40 people. I think this was the 11th year to do it. I have not been in the family that long, but have participated in the last 7. (yikes!) Names are drawn for partners to exclude the 'power couples'. And the drinks begin flowing.
A different couple is in charge of the tourney each year. Responsibilities include, picking a theme, providing decor for your theme, and buying the hamburgers and hotdogs for the BBQ afterwards. This year the theme was Tosscars (like Oscars, but TOSScars b/c you toss the washers... get it?) Had to break it down for my slow readers.
Here are some pics:
Tony and I went as Charlie Sheen and Denise Richards. Post fight.
Andy and Andie on the red carpet
Some cross-dressed competitors
My MIL. Love this!
Lindsay Lohan made an appearance
So did the papparazzi
Announcing partners and the opening ceremony (it's serious people)
Jake and I were partners... and twins.
Action shots.
Marg even got to hang out for awhile
And now the whole reason Washer King my husband wanted me to post this. He made it to the finals against...... me. See, he's never won before. Been so close, but always gets his heart ripped out at the end. I hear about it every year. The entire 3 1/2 hr. ride home. I have won before and usually take this opportunity to rub it in a little. Or a lot. So this was a big deal that we were neck and neck in the finals. The first game he wouldn't throw against me, he chose Jake's side. I think he was scurred. We (the good guys) ended up losing. The second game, he wanted to throw against me, maybe he saw my weaknesses or just wanted to trash talk in my ear. Jake and I (the good guys) started ahead and I could forsee game 3 in our future. Then Washer King tossed anddd DUNK. Seriously, a dunk is 5 points. I was pissed. We lost by like 2, maybe 3, I stopped paying attention. I was too busy throwing punches at my husband. We already looked the part, might as well act on it.
Sooo he won (finally). And I lost (b/c I love my husband and felt sorry for him) Orr I just lost.
It kills me to post this picture
In the awards ceremony, he got the trophy and I got the sorest loser award. I'm fine with it.
Last year Tony and I were in charge and our theme was the Master's of Washers. Everyone was in golf attire and held up signs that said Quiet! WTF?! and Shut the hell up! For some reason I can not find any pictures...
The year before that was Pirates. I was the WINNER this year.
I loved our shirts
Other years (that I also can't find any pictures of at the moment) have been Jungle, Wild West, SuperHero's, and Rock & Toss. Here are the score boards from a few of them.
Best tradition ever!
















Bahahahaha! LOVE it! You did great on the black eye:) That sucks you lost, but we all know you let him win. LOL.
ReplyDeletethis looks like so much fun! love the costumes!
ReplyDelete