Life is what we make it... always has been... always will be.



Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Viva Las Vegas

My beautiful aunt Carrie turned 40 in November so we decided to celebrate it big.  Vegas style.  My mom, grandma, two aunts, and some of her friends headed out EARLY on a Saturday morning.  After one missing wallet, a strip security search, and sprinting to make our flight, we FINALLY arrived in Vegas! 


Carrie by her bday limo

Ready to hit the town


We stayed at the Paris hotel.  It was in the perfect location, smack dab in the middle of the strip.  Our 2 rooms, that we crammed 9 people in, overlooked the Belliagio fountains.


 The reason I love Veg so much is that you can carry your drinks anywhere... see the pic below of my mom and I in CVS.  That wine glass in my hand was taken directly from the casino.  I'm not sure if I was supposed to actually take the nice glass from the brand new Aria casino, but I figured it was part of $15 drink cost.  Thank you Aria. 

Hello, nice wine glass
 After stopping in CVS, to get beer a pounder, we jumped on the bus to head downtown. 

And this folks, is the only way to get through a stinking bus ride....

Yes, that is beer in my nice wine glass.  Stay classy.

Downtown Veg
 The next day I won $106 on a slot machine.  So random.  It was a great thing though, b/c I may or may not have lost money betting on Mizzou.  Don't judge, I was told it was a 'lock'.  Turns out there is no such thing as a lock in betting.  That's the point. 

Mom and I at the Venetian
 We discovered Beer Pong one night and it might have been the highlight of the trip. 

The bad guys

The good guys
 This picture of my gma (on the right) is priceless.  She was a ringer.  I would totally pick her as a partner anyday.  Plus, she likes to chug and that's my downfall.

I think they won


My mama and I

Sheesh, think the sisters look alike??
 Another thing I love about Veg, is Bingo.  Yes, Bingo.  And yes, it's just as trashy as it sounds, but it's hilarious.  Plus, they have free drinks.  I've been before with this fam and we have learned that we need to be in our own corner away from the regulars.  We are loud and obnoxious, something the regulars evidently don't appreciate.  Not sure why, we think we're funny.  People watching is great too, lots of fanny packs full of dobbers and trolls. 
Preparing for BINGO

It was a fabulous trip!  I think every city needs to take lessons from Vegas.  For real.
Cheers!

2 comments: