Life is what we make it... always has been... always will be.



Monday, June 20, 2011

Goin' to the Chapel... for the Calhoon's!

My bestie got married last weekend!  I finally pulled it together and compiled my pictures from the amazing weekend.  Gin was on her honeymoon and I decided to take a mental  downloading picture break with her. 

The rehersal was short and sweet and then we were off to Delgado's - aka the best mexican food joint ever. 




The boys sat by themselves and kept entertained.  I'm sure a few inappropriate comments were made and/or shouted across the restaurant.





Then we headed to Charlie's for some beverages to end the night.


Groom sandwich

The Birts... pull it together Mitch

And I got to see these 2 pretties!
The next morning we were up early, taking excedrin migrane and eating breakfast burritos at the salon with Gin!

Pretty pretty love bug!
Cheers!


To the church... the flowers were the prettiest things I've ever seen.  Besides the bride :)


Gina's niece was the flower girl.  I've never met a little cutie with more of a personality.  She kinda made the day :) 

Wasn't digging the camera in her face at first.




LOVED her dress!



This picture makes me chuckle.  Almost like Gina is super worried that Em is going to make her glow.  And Emily has no clue what she's doing.



Waiting for the show...


As we were waiting, Gina's mom grabbed me and I snapped a picture of Gina's dad.... I think he was just ready to get to the party.



Dancing up to take pictures
 Almost time to walk the walk...

The ceremony was beautiful and you could just tell both Kirk and Gina were so happy.  I cried.  I also laughed, a lot.  Inappropriate laughing.  Gina's sister Denise, mom to the flower girl was standing in line in front of me, Emily was behind me.  In the middle of the ceremony, Malia the flower girl, somehow got the basket stuck on her face and could not get it off.  She was sitting in front of us, looked up with the basket over her face and said 'Mom! Help!! Help me mom!!!'  I lost it.  Emily was laughing, Denise was laughing, and nobody else knew what was going on because they couldn't see her.  I had the giggles and my shoulders were shaking.  This lasted as to what felt like forever.  I would take a deep breath, then I'd hear Emily laugh and I'd start up again.  It was super inappropriate.  My mom said so.  She also said that Denise was laughing just as hard, so I felt a little better about the situation.
Turns out when Emily and I told people about it, they just didn't think it was as slap your knee funny as we did.  You can imagine our delight when this picture surfaced on facebook...



I still get the giggles.  I wish everyone could have heard the distress in her voice when she was pleading to her mom for help. 

After they said their I Do's, the wedding party headed to Lumpy's (a bar on the way to the reception).  This was the best idea ever.  Look at those beers!


The next sequence of pics is humerous.  How many times does it take for these two to figure it out?



3rd times a charm




Newlyweds!
 Then we scrunched in a car to head to the reception, and saw these 2 walking.  Nothing like stopping in the middle of Main Street to pick up friends in your trunk.  However, if you look into the background, it's not like we were stopping traffic.  Good ol' GB.

Besides the DJ being a pain the ass and playing Sir Mix Alot's Baby Got Back as the first song after the newlywed's dance (Gin, it was so much better than hearing it during our ceremony), the reception was a blast, everyone had so much fun!  My legs were sore from dancing for like a week.  I'm sure I was working some sweet moves.  
Mitch caught the garder.  He was thrilled.


After the dance and mostly everyone being overserved, we headed to Charlie's for a night cap.  The next day as we were driving home Emily and I were talking and said 'did Christy and Mitch go to Charlie's?'  Then I got my camera out and saw the pictures of the car ride there...
That's a Christy, and that's a Mitch


It reminded me a little bit of The Hangover.  We got a good laugh out of that.  Oh duh, they were IN THE CAR with us.  Sorry guys, it's not that you are forgettable, I blame the Bud Light, wine, & champagne

And a few extra pictures from the end of the night.  I think it was successful!


No clue.


Family pic plus Scott

And here's Tony's cue that he wanted to go home. 


Congrats Gina & Kirk Calhoon!  We love you so much.  Thanks for letting us be a part of your big day!  Muah!

2 comments:

  1. Um, I'm trying to contain my laughter at work over the basket on the face story - too freaking funny...

    ReplyDelete