Life is what we make it... always has been... always will be.



Thursday, July 21, 2011

This Mess Is A Car

Tony is getting a truck this weekend, which means 2 things.  1.) I will be driving the Explorer* and 2.) I had to clean out my car. 

For those of you that know me, you know this was a major event.  One of my downfalls, yes I have downfalls I know it's hard to believe, is that my car is like that junk room in your house where everything without a place ends up. 

So last night I decided to tackle this project event.  Here's the before...


Trunk-o-mess
Some of my favorite items I found included, but are not limited to:
Loose hot tamales
Not one, but 3 bags of golf balls
7 mittens
1 slipper
A pair of bright pink leggings - Anyone want to claim these?
3 fleeces
Casserole dish
A purple plastic fork
Tony's wedding ring receipt from 4 years ago
and... 2 full cans of Miller Light

Don't worry, I threw them away... I can't imagine how terrible a  can of beer would taste after sitting through God knows how many summers and winters...

Tony told me I absolutely cannot let the Explorer get that out of control.  One time this spring we were with a group of people at Maloneys and it started to get really chilly outside.  I ended up providing 5 people with jackets to wear... from my trunk.  It's times like these where it's nice to have options.

Here's the aftermath.



Bye Jeep!  I'm kinda going to miss the feeling of not knowing whether you're going to start or not, have A/C or not, and that lovely sound you're brakes made.  The final test?  If she makes it all the way to GB or not for the trade.  Someone may be coming to tow us on Saturday, keep your phones handy.



*I'm taking applications for a name for the Explorer.  She's a sage green color.  My favorite so far is Dora.  Dora the Explora.

3 comments:

  1. o.m.g. That stuff in your jeep is hysterical. Receipt for Tony's wedding ring??? lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Callie! Really?!?! That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You crack me up. Do you really golf? :) Three bags of golf balls?? I can't see you swinging a club...just drinking bloody's from the golf cart.

    ReplyDelete