Life is what we make it... always has been... always will be.



Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Here I Go Again On My Own....

Random stuff happens to me, I'll admit it. 
Sunday night Gina, Emily and I were down at P&L before the Sugarland concert (post on that and Em's bach party to come), eating at the Drunken Fish.  Which is wonderful, by the way. 

As we are sipping on some vino, a group of guys with ponytails sits at the table next to us.  From the looks of their rock & roll appearance and remarkable amounts of accessories, it wasn't hard to figure out they were in a band. 
One of them asked us what concert we were going to (our cowboy boots must have given it away).  We started talking back and forth and Gina says 'are you guys in a band?'  They laughed, and then she said 'are you guys famous?'.  They laughed again joking that they were super popular.  One of them said 'Whitesnake, we are probably too old for you girls.'  I laughed thinking, yea right you are not Whitesnake.  They are like were like BIG time.  They said they were playing at the Midland on Tuesday but had a couple of nights off.  So naturally, I discretely googled the Midland and looked at the schedule. 
Tuesday August 9th:  Whitesnake. 
Shut the front door!  They really are Whitesnake.  I played it cool and looked at Gina and Emily like, OMG, it really is them!  I really wanted to yell out 'OMG, it really IS you!!'  But I didn't.  And I'm impressed with myself, I'm normally completely inappropriate.
Before we left they said, you guys should come to our concert on Tuesday.  So we replied, ummm how do we get tickets?  Then their manager got Gin's number and we are attending Whitesnake tonight. 
It was the most hilarious situation in the world.  I still laugh when I think about it.  'Here I go again' is like my favorite song EVER!
I'm sure our experience tonight will be more than blog worthy, so stay tuned....

Oh and we got a picture.  We are missing the original lead singer in this one, so maybe we'll be more lucky tonight :)

P.S. What in the hell do you wear to a Rock & Roll concert?  I'm trying to picture episodes of Bret Michael's Rock of Love, but I'm afraid I'm all out of leather pants, belly ring shirts, and hot pink glitter eye shadow..



1 comment: