Life is what we make it... always has been... always will be.



Thursday, September 2, 2010

I'm a Chicken

Last week we had a yogurt happy hour in our building.  Granted this is not as exciting as a real happy hour, but it was free yogurt and got me outta the office briefly.  It started at 3 and I went down to the lobby at 3:05.  Of coarse there was already a line.  You should see the people that work in my building... lots of large people taking the elevator from the 1st floor to the 2nd.  So, I got in line and saw this guy standing about 4 ft. away from me against the wall and thought he looked familiar.  I did a quick double take and realized 'that's Wes from the Real World!!!'  This is as exciting as it gets at my office people, and I was really excited! 
A little background info.  I am slightly overly obsessed with the Real World Road Rules Challenges.  I've thought about applying to the Real World for the sole purpose of ending up on those challenges!  I think I would be really good at most of them.  Of coarse, that's easy to say when I'm watching dumb girls that have never done anything athletic in their entire lives attempt to climb a rope ladder  on TV from my couch.  Anyways, Wes has always been one of my favorites.  I know everyone hates him, but I love how he stirs stuff up and is soo competitive and cocky.  I would want him on my team. 
Back to my real life encounter -  so I'm standing in line and realize that it's him.  I started to kind of freak out and the thought crossed my mind that maybe I should run back up to my office and grab my camera.  Then my conscious kicked in and told me that was a creepy stalkerish idea.  So there I stood.  Just waiting in line to get my yogurt and not talking to anyone.  I was playing out what I could say to him after I got through the line (he was kind of at the other side of the yogurt table where I would end up).  Got my yogurt, looked at him and smiled and then just turned around and went back to my office.  Fail.  I know I know, but I would have totally said something stupid and/or inappropriate if I would have opened my mouth so it's probably for the best. 
After I got into my office I told my co-worker who I know watches the challenges too that Wes was downstairs.  He didn't believe me.  When he came back we were talking about it and I was telling him my crazy idea of wanting a picture with him.  I decided to take my phone and head to the balcony on our level that overlooks the lobby.  I ducked and with phone in hand lifted my arm up above the railing. 
Here's the outcome...  I tried to blow it up, but it's still hard to tell.



In the end turns out that I am a little stalkerish. :)

Oh and he doesn't work in my building, but his mom does.  I talk to her like every other day and had no idea she was his mom.  Now I know and maybe there will be a picture opportunity in the future.  Anddd the yogurt was from his new yogurt shop he started in KC - Mochi-Yo.  Check it out!

2 comments:

  1. I'm super jealous of your free yogurt! Wes on the other hand...I went to high school with him and he is not that cool. I do love the trouble he stirs up on RoadRules/RealWorld Challenges though!
    Have a good holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! Ya, I bet he's a total prick. I like how I act like he's a celeb :)

    ReplyDelete