Life is what we make it... always has been... always will be.



Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Hutch High 2001

Two weekends ago, we made the trek back to Hutch for Tony's high school reunion.  I had absolutely no idea what to expect.  Me being all young and everything, we haven't had ours yet.  Next year.  See, I'm so young. 

We met up with some people at the Rusty Needle on Friday night.  If that name doesn't intise you, I'm not sure what will.  Turns out, it's connected to a tattoo parlor, hince the name.  Through the night I gathered that it was called The Needle for short.  Much better.  Not knowing who we would run into at The Needle, and me not knowing a sole from Hutch High, we consumed multiple cocktails before arriving.  There was a huge nasty storm that came through about 10:00, that's when the roof started leaking.  In about 17 places.  It ended up being a really fun night and from what I know, nobody ended up with any Hutch High tattoos.  We got to see Tony's friend Ryan and his wife Joah, who we hadn't seen since their wedding a few years ago.  She is kind of my sole mate.  Thank God she was there. 

Necessary





The next morning I ran over to my grandmother's house for breakfast.  She always does such an awesome job with meals.  Check out my plate.  So pretty!


There was a school tour in the afternoon, but we got caught up in laying by Tony's friend's pool instead.  I made a comment that it was the first time I'd been to a pool all summer.  Tony quickly corrected me that I was just at a Vegas pool about 2 weeks ago.  Ahh, yes.  He always keeps me so in check.  Even though there was vodka present at this pool, it wasn't really on the same level as Veg.  That's clearly what I was thinking when I said that.  After a lot of the sun's rays, and beverages we had to go get ready for the actual reunion at the Ramada.


Can you tell which one I'd been drinking with at the pool all day??

Sometime in between absolutely nobody dancing besides the wives that didn't attend HHS (above), and the corregraphed dance to Men In Black done by a guy and his girlfriend/wife/baby-mama in matching wife beaters, Joah decided that we needed a break from the reunion.  I believe her exact words were 'these people are so lame, let's go take a shot.'  Twist my arm...
So we headed across the hall to the hotel bar, which is really actually considered a club in Hutch.  The next few pictures speak for themselves...


#1 - tequila


I told them I was terrible at shots, however, the situation desperately called for me to pull it together.

#2 - Starburst

#3 - tequila.  Again.  Wth.

This has got to be my favorite picture.  Besides Courtney's face and her upside down name tag, my shot DID NOT go down well.  I grabbed a beer from the stranger sitting next to me and used it as a chaser.  I don't even think he noticed.

The rest of the night went the same way.  I have no idea what our husbands were doing besides sitting next to the bar.  I wore Joah's name tag around and told people I was in their class.  Joah told people she was the Swedish foreign exchange student.  We might have been the most fun people there.  Well, at least in our minds. 


My name is not Joah
It was actually a really fun weekend and I'd love to see them all again really soon!  Hopefully nobody will remember me at Tony's 20 year.  Maybe I'll be better at taking shots by then.

2 comments:

  1. Jamie, yes we can! I keep thinking I'll run into you somewhere in OP/PV. Let's make it happen :)

    ReplyDelete