Life is what we make it... always has been... always will be.



Friday, January 28, 2011

Living Room Update


We've switched some things up at the Line household.  First and foremost, we got rid of our RUG.  Oh how I've been wanting that thing gone for a year and a half.  I've threatened Tony that he's going to come home to it in our front yard.  I just couldn't find exactly what I was looking for.  After ordering one from Overstock.com and having to return it (have you ever tried returning a rug?  I wouldn't recommend it) I was pretty hesitant on doing that again, but I bit the bullet. 

I'm also going to share my end table story for those who haven't heard it.  I was at TJ Maxx and found this end table that was so pretty and matched our dining room furniture exactly.  Had to have it.  Of coarse they only had one, so I waddled it up to the front desk.  After the manager called around to a couple of stores he informed me that the Lee's Summit store had one.  I asked him to have them hold it and we would go pick it up.  I got home with the one pretty, yet lonely, end table and told Tony we had to go to Lee's Summit.  He was thrilled, especially since he had already been there that morning picking up some shirts for work.  Happy hubby and I jump in the car and hit the hwy.  The line in the store was about 27 people deep, so I decided to go to customer service since they were holding it.  My husband, the rule follower, told me I couldn't do that.  I told him he could stand in the regular line and I would go to customer service and see who got helped first... I won.  The girl goes to get it and sets it down in front of me.  It has not one, but two, HUGE cracks in it.  Umm, excuse me?  She's like, 'oh you didn't know it looked like this?' 
'No B, I didn't or obviously I wouldn't have driven 30 minutes out here to get it'
So I'm pissed and we leave without the crappy broken table.  I couldn't get over the fact that when the manager at the other store called to see if they had it, they weren't like 'yes, we have one but it's beat to shit.'  Thanks a lot.
The manager told me to check Marshalls since they are the same company.  I wrote down the style # and started calling Marshalls on our 30 minute drive home.  The guy from Marshalls tells me that they don't have style numbers so I would have to describe to him what it looked like.  That went over well... 'it's uhh brown, has one drawer, and a shelf.'  Him and the other 3 people at the other Marshalls I called said nothing 'fit my description'.  Clearly.

I'm sure I complained about this to about everyone I know.  So I was in a real predicament.  Take back the table or hold out for another one?  I wasn't ready to give up.  I was meeting my friend Megan at the Legends for dinner later that week, so I decided to hold out and check the store out there.  Thursday I headed out to the Legends, walk in and AHHHHHH (heavenly sound).  There it is.  I swear I was like a 6 yr. old on Christmas.  I waddled it up to the check out and told the cashier my whole story...from her eye rolling I could tell she was less than impressed, I think I was cutting into her smoke break.  But I got my pretty lonely end table her twin!!

Here's some before pics of our sad living room.  It was so bare and I hated even walking through it.


Please excuse Margo's toys all over the place



And here's the rug.  Minor wear and tear from a white dog named Margo.  Welcome to my life.

I tried rolling it up to get it out of my sight and she went over and sat on it.  Would not budge.  She must have emotional ties to it.


I literally had to pick her up and move her myself.


And here's the new area, with the addition of a chair and lamps.

Now if I could just get rid of that white dog.




I guess Margo approves of the new rug.  I'm just praying she doesn't think it tastes as good as the old one.



9 comments:

  1. It looks so fab Cal! Nice work! LOVE the rug! Is the coffee table the old end tables?

    :) I talk about getting rid of Jake all the time too! Joking of course:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks nice! We have a yellow lab and the hair drives me crazy. I can appreciate a light colored rug to cover up the hair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the rug! Where is it from?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rug is from Overstock. I braved ordering one from there a second time... guess it paid off! :)

    ReplyDelete