Life is what we make it... always has been... always will be.



Monday, January 31, 2011

Tony's Bday

Disclaimer: This is a pretty random post.

Yesterday was Tony's birthday.  He's old.  Well, not that old, but older than me so I can say that. 

We had people over for the KSU/KU game. I'm not even going to talk about it, so I'll talk about the food I made.  Red chili, white chili, and PW homemade cinnamon rolls.  Yes, I'm bragging.  It's the first time I've made anything from scratch and/or using yeast.  They were fab.  Another success from Ree.  Then I made her chicken noodles, but i'll get to that later. 


They make a lot.  A Lot.  I meant to send some home with people as they left, but the booze must have gotten the best of me. 

Please make them, you won't regret it!
So one of my NY resolutions isn't off to a great start.  Take more pictures.  Here's the only pictures I have of Tony and I from Saturday... and I obv didn't even take them.

Tony got iced 3 times, this was my one and only

It wasn't a great game for the Good Guys in purple, but we still had a wonderful time catching up with friends!

Here's the last picture of the night.  I think this was around 2 am.  I love it!!

And in color....
These boots are made for walkin'

Here's his gift. (thanks for the idea Vanessa!)  He said 'Yes!  I've seen one of these before' with a puzzled look on his face.  I said, 'Vanessa and Chris' blog'  and he's like 'Yep, you're right'.  So Vanessa, you have another avid reader, my husband. :)
I'm thinking this might come in handy the next couple of days with this KC blizzard talk.  If our fireplace flew freezes shut, we're breaking this baby out :)

Yesterday we had the laziest Sunday ever.  We watched 3 movies.  I haven't watched 3 movies in a day, ever.  Here's my brief review:
The Town:  Loved it!  I would recommend.  Even though Ben Affleck kind of sucks at acting, he's not bad to look at.

Date Night:  Blah.  It had some funny parts, but overall it was pretty bad.

The American:  What the ????  I didn't know what was going on the entire time. And then it ended.  I was super confused.  George Clooney couldn't even make that movie okay.  I wish I could get back that 2 hrs. of my life.

Then last night I made PW Homemade Chicken Noodles and taters for Tony.  He's been asking for them for about 2 months now (i'm a great wife).  Plus, I figured I might as well make them before I go Vegetarian tomorrow.  I was a little disappointed.  Maybe it's the fact that I don't really like chicken & noodles, or maybe I should have added some more spices.  Gina's was way better when I tried hers.  The mash potatoes that Tony made were fab though.  I could have eaten the whole bowl.  Have I mentioned that I love carbs??

So HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my wonderful husband!  It was a fun filled weekend!!


5 comments:

  1. I've gotta try out these rolls - they look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! Now that is hilarious! I'm so glad Tony likes the firepit and that he occasionally stops by our blog. Sometimes it's even too boring for Chris to read, so Tony's a real trooper! And way to go on the cinnamon rolls...I don't even know what form you buy yeast in, so I probably shouldn't attempt them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. It was completely heart breaking to watch the Cats play on Saturday. Glad you had P-Dubs cinnamon rolls and cute cowboy boots to hold you over!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love P-Dub's recipes! I will definitely try out the rolls, they look delish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. After you left last night...I might have eaten the rest of the cinnamon rolls and OMG freakin DELISH! Thanks B :)

    ReplyDelete