Life is what we make it... always has been... always will be.



Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Mr. K's

We had a fun little weekend trip to Manhattan on Saturday.  Not for the game, that would not have been fun, but to celebrate the opening of Mr. K's.  Our friends Lindsay and Scott just bought this little charm in December.  Scott has worked for Rusty at Kite's ever since he was a freshman at K-State and has worked his way to the top.  After Rusty opened this restaurant in the new area of Grand Mere (out by Colbert) he offered it to Scott.  It's an upscale sport's bar (that's also pretty adorable) with amazing food.  Anything from flatbread pizzas to sandwiches and salads.  Next time you are there, you should stop in.  If you need more of an incentive than me telling you to go there, they have a lobster and crab fondue appetizer that is heaven.  Pure Heaven.  Gina and I like to eat it with a spoon.  It's that good.

We weren't there 5 minutes and Meghan was already cleaning up our spilled drinks... she's going to be a great mom.  Someday.



A couple of my Manhattan lovies.  Holy crap, I am so so pale.


 Soon to be Mr. & Mrs. Crupper

Frank was supposed to make an appearance, but considering the appearance that our team made earlier that day, I don't blame him.  His wife Anya came with one of her friends and enjoyed some vino.  I would be 3 bottles deep if Frank was my husband and he was coming home after ANOTHER loss. 

Here we are with Meg... so much for a Christmas card opp.  My face is too white for that anyways.


 Speaking of Christmas cards, maybe I could incorporate this one in somehow...



Then something very funny was said by Meghan. 

'Is Mr. K's the type of establishment that you play Flippy Cup?'

Scott said yes and we didn't hesitate...




 After that, things just got silly...
Meghan dared Dave to eat a packet of mayo.  She said she would give him $5.

Sick
I think this might be his victory dance...
Keeping her word, she coughed up the $5, and Dave ripped it in two and spiked it on the table.  Well, I think it was a spike, it's hard to spike money.

After some dancing and some more drinks it was time to go home. 

Our cab smelled terrible, like a combo of old rotten tennis shoes and a pipe that my great grandpa smoked. Must have been passed Lindsay's bed time, even the smell didn't keep her up.


When we got home Scott pulled this out...  because that was a good idea...

Night cap = Good night.

Group shot in closing!!

4 comments:

  1. BAHAHAH...oh man these pics crack me up! Love Mr.K's

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Johnna - No flippy cups for her! I also have to laugh at Lyndsay b/c the few times I've been out around her, the girl always falls asleep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super fun pics!! I love that you guys played flip cups. I will definitely be checking out Mr. K's. Curious...what does it stand for?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Krista, I guess Mr. K's used to be a part of Kites, but it was a dance disco bar :) Guess they just wanted to bring back the name.
    You def need to go!!

    ReplyDelete