Here's a little recap of our cozy and LAZY snowday.
![]() |
| Tony's shoveled driveway- first of four |
![]() |
| View out the back - this was still early |
![]() |
| Rocked a fire all day. Margo was bored to tears. |
And I did some of this...
We made homemade pizzas for din din. Considering it was my first day of no meat Feb., it was a good option.
We used Tony's friend, Heck's, dough recipe:
3 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tbls olive oil
1 cup warm water
1 pack yeast
Mix flour, sugar, and salt together in a mixing bowl.
Mix the yeast in the water and stir until desolved.
Add the olive oil to the flour mixture along with the water and yeast.
Kneed for 7-10 minutes. (seriously, my hands were hurting)
Let rise for 30 minutes and then roll out.
Bake for 10 minutes and then top yo pizza and bake it some more
![]() |
| Top it up! And have a glass o wine while yer at it |
![]() |
| yum yum yum |
![]() |
| Bake it up until golden brown. This might have been pushing 'golden' |
![]() |
| Serve with salad and pretend to be healthy...while dipping your pizza in ranch |
I made it into work about 12:30 today, which is why I was able to bloggity blog. We are heading to my parents tonight for a late bday celebration for Tony. My dad's making chili. Guess I'll be bringing my own dinner. Veggie sub? Yes, please.
Stay WARM. Drive SAFE.











Look at you girl! Another recipe with yeast! I'm impressed. Love making home made pizzas. Good luck with your no meat month. I couldn't do it. How about HH next week!? I'm free any day but Thursday. Let me know! Let's invite Gina!
ReplyDeletePizza is my go to dinner because I can put meat on half and keep the hubs happy. White Russians are the perfect snow day drink!
ReplyDeleteLove White Russians! Reminds me of the Big Lebowski.
ReplyDelete