Life is what we make it... always has been... always will be.



Thursday, February 10, 2011

Flat Stanley

Have you ever heard about Flat Stanley?  It's a project for kids kind of like pen pals used to be, but it's based on a book.

Here's an explanation- The book is about a boy named Stanley who woke up one morning and he was flat.  (this makes me laugh) A bulletin board had fallen on him during the night while he was sleeping.  Stanley finds that he can use this to his advantage.  He is so flat that he can slip through the grating to get his mother's ring out of the sewer.  He also went to California by air mail in an envelope.

If you receive Flat Stan in the mail you are supposed to write a story about his adventure and then mail it back.   

Here's what he looks like:


Tony's cousin Kim let us know that Flat Stan was on his way to Kansas from Oklahoma for Jace's preschool project. 
Here's what she over heard Jace telling one of his friends:

"Well, Flat Stanley is on his way to Kansas....to be with a Doctor.  Just hope Margo does not eat him."

And then we also received this letter:


Legit worries with Margo, I told Kim I couldn't make any promises.

Marg was interested him...


But I think she thought Stan was her friend instead of her breakfast... 


I'm not sure what would disappoint Jace the most.  The fact that Tony's not a real doctor*...Or if Margo ate Stan.



*I totally joke about this all the time.  I'm not a bitch.

5 comments:

  1. Do you make it a habit to quote The Hangover all the time about being a dentist? I am just mature enough that I would- all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha! Keep us posted on what happens to Flat Stanley.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and my word verification was just "sucky". Thought that was funny and I should tell you. Ok, bye!

    ReplyDelete