Life is what we make it... always has been... always will be.



Friday, February 25, 2011

Black Bean Burgs

Here's another no meat recipe that I made on Tuesday.  They were tasty!  I'm not going to lie and say they were better than a good ol' juicy hamburger, but if you are looking for something different, give them a try!! 

Tony thought they were 'good' which totally means 'they are okay and I will eat them to make you happy.  I want a real burger'. 


Grediants
 Saute onion, celery, and garlic
 Mash up the beans.  This made my arm sore.  Wuss. 
 Throw all ingrediants together and mix 'em up
 Make into 4 even patties.  Notice my patties are not even.  I suck at making patties.  I even tried Rachel Ray's method of patting down everything in the bottom of the bowl and then drawing an x with my hands so each would be the same size.  It clearly didn't work. 
Bake the evenly sized patties for 10 min. on each side
 Then jazz them up with whatever you like!
Cheese (duh), spinach, tomato, onion and chipotle mayo
 Tony wanted me to take a picture of his b/c he thought it was prettier.  He opted to go the spicy mustard route.
Black Bean Burgers

1 can black beans (rinsed and drained)
1 onion - chopped
1 stalk celery - chopped
1 clove garlic - chopped (I would use more next time)
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 egg
1 Tbsp cumin

Saute onion, celery, and garlic until tender.  Mash beans into paste.  Add everything to bowl, mix, make even patties.  Or if you like to live on the wild side, make them all different sizes.

Bake @ 325 for 10 minutes, flip burgs, and bake for 10 minutes again or until firm.




P.S.   I really want an effing taco.  Day 25.  Almost there.

3 comments:

  1. Your almost there...doing so good! How does a Big Mac sound, or a Taco from Taco Bell with their fake but delish meat they use, or what about a Sonic breakfast burrito!! I'm such a good friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had a sonic burger.... not gonna lie it was GOOD

    ReplyDelete