I didn't get to stay at happy time very long though because we had to get to the Lenexa BBQ. My dad has competed on a team for a number of years now and it's always fun to go eat and drink. His partner is the Coors distributor in GB, so there is never a shortage of brews. Here are a few pictures:
Saturday we decided to trek it down to P&L to watch the World Cup game. It was a mad house. We watched it in Johnny's which was super cram packed and we didn't have a table, but the atmosphere was awesome. These crazy guys were doing all of these chants on top of tables. One guy actually was handing out lyrics sheets. Don't worry, I can now quote all of the soccer chants. I was probably doing them in my sleep that night. ESPN was doing live broadcasting right next to us. Oh and I was literally the only person in the entire P&L area that was not in blue or red. I stuck out like a sore thumb in my purple dress. It's fine, we decided that K-State is really America's team... or that red and blue make purple... or that I didn't own any red or blue b/c I hate KU. Any and all of these excuses were totally legit Saturday afternoon.
It was SO hot in there... hince my glowing face in the pictures.
Here's the crazy chant guy...
Then we cabbed it home... and found sombreros... and ordered pizza... and played charades... and ended up on the Tou she's dance floor. Average age of this bar - 65. No joke.
Yesterday my mom and I went to Tim McGraw / Lady Antebellum. I bought her tickets for her birthday and Mother's Day. We got down there about 4:00, had some drinks courtesy of a drunk Mexican wearing a soccer jersey, and had dinner at Gordon Biersch. It was a beautiful day and the concert was a blast! This is the only picture I got because something was wrong with my camera and everything was turning out blurry. I wish you could see our boots!!









Love the pics Cal! Also love "happy time" and that KSU is really America's team! :)
ReplyDeleteSo fun! Happy time, BBQ, cocktails, country concert, friends and crazy chant guy. What more could you ask for in a weekend?
ReplyDeleteLove it! I'm surprised you didn't put up the picture of you and Sue. She's going to be disappointed.
ReplyDelete