Life is what we make it... always has been... always will be.



Friday, June 18, 2010

Danger!!!


This may not look dangerous, but after my experience with table umbrellas the past 2 weeks, believe me - it is!
A couple of weeks ago Gina Emily and I were going to see Sex & The City 2.  We decided to grab a drink at 810 Zone before we went.  It was a rather windy day, but nothing out of the ordinary for Kansas.  Our table didn't have an umbrella on it, but the poor table next to us did.  Two ladies were sitting there and all of a sudden the wood umbrella FLEW out of the table and bashed this lady in the face.  She was moaning and crying and YELLING that she needed a doctor/ambulance.  Gina grabbed the umbrella and put it on the ground.  That's when we noticed that this lady's face was gushing blood and her chest had also been cut.  However, she was still drinking her wine during all of this yelling, so I think she was a bit of a drama queen.  We tried to help as much as possible but the ambulance (and a fire truck, I never understand this) pulled up, and we had a movie to catch so we peaced out. 
Thinking it was just a crazy fluke, we had nothing to worry about at Fred P. Otts last night, right?  Wrong!  The guys sitting at the table next to us had the same thing happen to them!!  Nobody was hurt this time, and there were no paramedics/ambulance/firetrucks rushing in, but it made me realize that this probably happens pretty often!  Those umbrellas are out to get you!!  Watch your back!  You can be sure that I will not be sitting at any patio table with one of those man eaters again...

2 comments:

  1. This story is too funny! Well, not for the lady that got bopped in the face, but sort of:) I will literally think of this everytime I see a patio table with an umbrella now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It happened to me at a swim meet a year or two ago -- it's a freaky thing. Flew right out of the table and hit me -- it was a little embarrassing also.

    Love all your posts -- you guys are the best. love you. Carrie

    ReplyDelete