We are really celebrating this weekend, but here's a little recap of our evening. (without too much detail - ha!)
Yesterday I received these at work -
Aren't they beautiful?! Lilies were our wedding flowers and there are 3 of them for year #3. I didn't get that right away... Tony had to clue me in.
We went to dinner at this new cute little cajun restaurant called Cafe Roux. It's in Park Place, the new area by Town Center. I had been wanting to try it for awhile and I'm so glad we went. It was DELISH!
They have happy hour until 7 which includes 50 cent oysters. Most of you are probably thinking that's disgusting, but I love them. Just add lemon and tabasco, or cocktail sauce. Tony even helped me eat them... this kid has come so far with his food :)
They also had the best fried pickles I've ever had, and I've had them a lot. I usually get them every time I see them on a menu, so it was no surprise that I had to have them here. Tony was drinking margaritas and said that they were the best he has had in Kansas City. We've had issues with finding good marg's around here, so if anyone has suggestions we would gladly test them out. We had planned to order actual entrees, but after the appetizers we decided to go a little lighter. So we both had a cup of gumbo that had just the right amount of spice to it. I added tabasco - love that stuff! Tony had the shrimp po' boy sandwich with coleslaw and potato salad. I had the Crab Louie salad. To die for...
I'm not sure I've ever been so full, but we managed to walk back to the car somehow.
A couple of weeks ago we decided we were going to do the anniversary themed gift this year. Tony looked up what wedding anniversary year 3 gifts are ... annnnd wait for it...... leather. What the hell? That's tricky.
Tony got new leather shoes. And I got this beaut!!
Tony is the best gift giver and the worst at the same time. I forgot to mention that we had set a budget for our gifts. I stuck with that budget and then he buys me a Coach wallet. Oh I'm not complaining!! I just feel bad that he always gets the shaft. However, it's his fault for not following the rules. Sorry babe, hope you like your new kicks! :)



Congratulations!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary! Love that wallet:)
ReplyDeleteCongrats Cal and Tony. Love you guys! Can't believe three years has gone by! You are the best!
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary Callie. We do the traditional anniversary gifts too. :o)
ReplyDelete3 years already?!? Hope you had an amazing anniversary... thanks for the ideas on leather for next year :)
ReplyDelete