Since our real anniversary was on a Wednesday, we decided that we wanted to actually celebrate on the weekend. The original plan was to go to Topeka to the Japanese Steakhouse where we went on our first date. (Hubbys idea, adorable right?) On Wed. dinner over some drinks we started talking about how it was a long drive there and back so we should just go to one here. Then we decided that it might not be fun if we got stuck at a table of loud idiots, or worse, boring mute people that refuse to catch the shrimp in their mouths. So the idea of a pub crawl was born.
Saturday around 2:00 we headed down to the plaza. We don't go there often so we thought it would be a fun and different area, plus we wouldn't have to drive place to place. First up, Kona Grill. I almost started jumping up and down when they told me it was happy hour. Happy hour on a Saturday?! From 1-5?! Best discovery ever! Tony ordered a beer. I had a marg. Not the best marg, but it was refreshing. Our plan was to get a drink and and app at each place we went and then head on. Happy hour threw a kink in our plan. It was like we couldn't get out of our chairs. Some sushi and some more drinks came and went. Then we managed to exit. On to O'Dowds. I wanted to sit on the rooftop patio, and Tony looked at me like I was crazy. It was only 98 out and they had fans up there... I lost the battle. We both had Harps, my favorite Irish beer.
Here we are at Fred P.Otts
On to M&S grill. Random I know, but we had heard good things and had never been. We had Sangria, it was great. Then we looked at the app menu. Crab Tator Tots. Oh My Lady Gaga. I ordered them immediately. Everyone needs to experience these, seriously go. So So So So good!
Next stop Brio. Tony let me sit outside here. He didn't melt.
More pics - I think these are from O'Dowds...

We ended the night at ReVerse and had a light dinner and some wine. It was such a fun day! I highly recommend it.
We didn't get any pictures together on Saturday, so here's one of us from Friday night however, I kinda look preg in it.. that is not the case (reference post above about pub crawl).
Cheers!




What a fun idea!! I might have to steal it in November. You crack me up with your comments...oh my lady gaga. HA!
ReplyDelete