Friday night we had a late dinner out at Mr. K's. It's a new restaurant bar out in the new Grand Mere area by the golf course. It's a branch of Kites and Lindsay is the assistant manager. It's a cute little place and the food was amazing! Lobster fondue appetizer was maybe the best thing I've ever tasted. Gina and I were eating it by the spoonfuls.
Friday night at Porters
We see this guy. Biggs asks him 'did you seriously dress yourself?' and he's like 'ya' in a tone that's saying why wouldn't I have? Biggs responds with 'oh, that's a lot of plaid...'
There was a huge fight while we were waiting for our ride. This guy got knocked out cold right in front of us. Lindsay and I decide to run after the cops to tell them this was happening right around the corner and they start walking away from us. We are yelling 'cop!' 'police officer!' I even yelled 'blue!' they continue walking. They don't stop until Lindsay catches them and grabs the guys arm. That's Manhattan for ya. More concerned about MIP's that people getting their ass kicked around the corner.
Saturday we slept in and headed to Rockabelly for lunch. Just as good as I was hoping. Plus, their bloody marys are my new favorite. We had no plans in the afternoon and had thought about going to Tallgrass brewery, but it was closed for an event. Evidently they didn't know we were in town. Then we thought about going to the Wamego winery, but that changed as we walked by Pats and the patio called our name. Just like in college- Heading to class and then you pass Pats (or Porters) and it just pullllls you in. Granted Pats has changed... it's gross now and smells. Well, it probably smelled when we were there too, we were just acustom to it. And the waitresses told us if we sat outside we would need to come inside to order our drinks b/c it was too much work for them to walk from the front to the back. I'm not kidding. Those were their exact words. What??? I thought Lindsay was going to punch her. We had a pitcher of summer beer (did you know Pats has summer beer? Well, they do), the bartender told us he couldn't make it b/c it wasn't on special. Again what??? We assured him that it was fine if the pitcher was $5 instead of $2. Interesting employees we ran into. But we had some good convos there, including Lindsay and Biggs talking about their track days. Biggs says 'I sucked so bad they didn't even put me in the home meet.' I thought I was going to pee my pants. We also met these guys that were telling this story about their friend getting his ass beat knocked out last night... hmmm, ya we saw it.
After bar hopping a bit we headed to Kites and discovered these:
The top one is some sort of bomb that we did not participate in. The lovely sand pale is called a bucket, that we did participate in. They have about 8 different kinds you can get. We chose Monkey Nuts (obv).
In college all we had was beer towers... and I'm thankful for that.
Below is my fav pic of the weekend... please reference the background and take note that it is still daylight outside.
Some sort of common sense came upon us and we decided we should go home and change out of our sweaty clothes. Then on to The LOU!
$3 schooners - awesome. $37 worth of juke box music? Totally worth it.
Then Gina went to the gas station and brought back this:
Advil, Rolaids, gum, and 5 hr. energies. We just can't hang like we used to...
Such a fun weekend!! My Saturday night ended with Jimmy Johns and then we all got our fill of PHB (pizza hut buffet) on Sunday. Can somebody tell me why KC doesn't have one?!?













So fun!! As usual, enjoyed your pics. Looks like you girls had a great time!
ReplyDelete