Life is what we make it... always has been... always will be.



Thursday, August 26, 2010

Frosty Paws!

For any of you dog owners out there, this is a delish treat for your pup on a hot day!


Ingredients:

1 (32 oz.) container of low-fat vanilla yogurt

2 bananas

2 tablespoons peanut butter

2 tablespoons honey

Directions:
Mix all ingredients together in your blender. Divide amongst some small, plastic cups and freeze. I used some Solo cups I had on hand.  You could also freeze in ice cube trays for smaller treats, but Marg is a fatty so I filled 9-10 cups about 1/3 full.  When you want to use one as a treat, you just pop it in the microwave for about 20 seconds and it'll come right out of the cup and into your dog's bowl.
 
They are super easy, make a ton, and I'm pretty sure Margo enjoys them :)


Hard to tell in this pic, but she had a frosty paw mustache going on...

I ran across this recipe on an old college friend's blog.  Thanks Kellie!  

1 comment:

  1. Cal, I never ever EVER thought the day would come where you would be posting a blog about making "treats" for your dog. I've known you 26 years and you've finally made me speechless... I'm never speechless!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete