I'm not sure I've mentioned this before, but my grandpa is in a band. Yes, a band. He plays the drums. This group started with about 5 members about 6 years ago and they've expanded to about 14 with the addition of some saxophones, a bass, and the cutest little piano lady in the world.
Their specialty is jazz, however every winter they do a Christmas concert too. Every concert used to be at a different venue (i.e. bar), but nowhere was big enough. I'm telling you, they bring in the fans!! They finally found their knitch at RC's in Martin City. Plenty of room, yet they still filled the joint! It's awesome.
 |
| Matching music stands. Check! |
I couldn't get a good shot of my gpa. He is in the back jamming out on the drums. Can you see the little lady in the white hat on the piano? She reminds me so much of my great grandmother Grace. Just adorable.
This concert they stepped it up a notch... with vocalists. And when they weren't singing, they were doing this little number...
 |
| They may have been over dressed for RC's |
Here we are supporting the only way we know how. With beer. I was the first one there and grabbed a table. A cute little old couple walked up and asked if I was a Barrett. I said I was their granddaughter. The old man said 'You know how I knew that?' I asked him how. He said 'your blonde hair and your beer.' I thought it was hilarious.
 |
| My hair is doing something funny and my mom drinks beer with ice. I make fun of her. |
 |
| This is a terrible picture of us, but proof we were there. |
RC's is known for their fried chicken. A not so good version of Stroud's probably. I think fried chicken is the sickest thing on the planet. Vom. So this is what I ordered...
 |
| A huge plate of mashed taters and a biscuit |
The old guy sitting next to me (are you getting the trend? lots of old guys) in between sips of his vodka said, 'oh honey, that's not good for your hips.' If I was concerned about my hips getting big or should I say bigger than they are, I might have been offended but it cracked me up! I heart old people.
So Cheers to the Little Big Band!
"Your blonde hair and your beer." HA! Love this post. Made me laugh multiple times. Can I come to RC's with you next time? :)
ReplyDeleteSo funny! And I love that your grandpa is in a band!
ReplyDelete