Life is what we make it... always has been... always will be.



Wednesday, March 16, 2011

OP Pub Crawl

This past Saturday Tony and I went out with some of my Chi-O friends in the new area of Town Center.  I'm kind of in love with it, great food, great happy hours, an overly priced but super cool fish tank store, and my favorite cupcake place ever. 
So it wasn't really a 'pub-crawl' but we did hit up a few places throughout the night.
We met Krista and Brian at RA before dinner for their happy hour.  It might be one of my favorite happy hours in KC, because it lasts until 7.  Awesome.  We had a couple of apps and some drinks.  Krista had the RA'kn shrimp, Brian got a sushi roll, and Tony and I split the ahi tuna small plate.  Again, with the ahi tuna.  I'm addicted. 



Photos compliments of Krista.  Her camera is way better than my piece of crap.
Then we were off to Trezo Vino for dinner.  I've only been there for a work lunch and for happy hour (go figure) so I was excited to try it out for dinner.  Their menu isn't huge, but everything on it is wonderful.  I'm pretty sure everyone loved what they had including crab cakes, chicken thai flatbread, lobster mac & cheese, and sea bass.  I will also say that their selection of bruschetta is awesome, we ordered it when I went for lunch previously.  I'll give you one guess what I ordered...  did you say ahi tuna?  You are right.  I had the ahi tuna tacos and I swear I've been craving them every day since.  I also got the soup of the day which was a roasted red pepper bisque. DeLish.




Krista's chicken thai flatbread
Krista's meal came out super late and they brought her a whole bottle of wine for free.  What?  Don't worry we helped her drink it. :)  We were pretty confused on why they were so generous, until we were leaving and the manager stopped her and told her thanks for writing the article in the Business Journal.  Huh?  Evidently she had mentioned the article when she made the reservation.  The girl who wrote the article name was Krista Klaus.  Similar to Krista Kutter.  So the question remains... would she have gotten the free bottle-o-wine if he didn't think she was the one who wrote the article??  We'll never know.  But we'll take the bottle and drink it.  Thank you.

The girls sat on one side and the boys on the other.  It just works out better that way.  Our side of the table might have been a little louder than theirs, but what do you expect?




After dinner we decided to treck it up to the A Loft bar that was next door.  I've heard good things but never been.  It's a funky little place complete with an awesome outdoor space (if only it would have been a little warmer).  They had $3 draws. On a Saturday night?  I was overly happy about that.  You can tell in the pictures to come.


And then the unnecessary photo shoot begins...



Yep, should have stopped snapping pics a little sooner
 
Great night out!  And I recommend everyone to go check out the area! 

1 comment: