Life is what we make it... always has been... always will be.



Friday, March 25, 2011

Puppy & People Muffins

So Marg has had a rough week.  This weekend her ears seemed like they were bothering her, so on Sunday Tony cleaned them out with this solution we got for free from Petsmart in October to do a trial/report on.  We didn't really follow through do it at all which turns out is probably the reason for this whole situation.  Well, she hates this solution stuff and was still shaking her head after Sunday's cleaning, so Monday when Tony dropped her off at daycare he asked them to clean her ears out.  I picked her up and they didn't charge me for the ear cleaning.  Tony and I looked in her ears and they still looked waxy (sick), so we figured they didn't do it.  So Tuesday morning I took her to the vet.  They called me to report that Margo has an ear infection in one of her ears*.  They need to do a deep clean and give her medicated ear drops.  Great, just please fix my suffering dog.  I was super sad at this point thinking that we should have taken her in a lot earlier.  Then I was checking my banking online and noticed that Puppy's Playpen charged me twice for Monday's daycare, so I called them and was told one charge was for her ear cleaning.  Oh my.  Poor Marg got her ears cleaned Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday.  Needless to say that she sprints in the other direction when she catches a glimpse of me with the drops.  I don't blame her. 

I was feeling really sorry for her (probably b/c she has the sadest permanent facial expression ever), so I broke out some of my Rachel Ray magazines and was on a mission.  I heart RR's mags b/c they all include a fun recipe that is safe for your pet to eat too.  And since we find no problem in feeding our fur baby lots of things we probably shouldn't because I have a problem with discipline**, I wanted to make her something.  Ya know, something with love.  So I decided on Peanut Butter Banana Muffins.  Mainly because I had everything in my kitchen already. 

Here's the recipe:
2 bananas  - mashed with a fork
1/4 cup peanut butter
2 Tbsp. honey
3 cups water
3 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. baking powder
1 egg

Mix bananas, peanut butter, honey, and egg together.  Stir in water and mix until smooth.  In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and cinnamon.  Mix all together.  Pour in muffin pans and bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes until done. 



Mini muffins for Marg, big muffins for people


Consensis:  Dog likes the muffins.  Husband was not impressed.  Let's just say I didn't take the leftovers to share at work.  They were pretty bland, but not inedible.  I've had a couple of them, just because this recipe makes like a hundred.  No regrets though, anything for this puppy face. 





*Tony was on his way to put drops in her ear and said, 'I don't remember which ear it is!!'  I replied with 'her brown one.'  He looked at me like I was a genious.  No right and left for this girl, I'm totally color coded.

**Seriously, my kids are going to be so fat. Anytime I try to sooth Margo, I give her food. I may have brought her a McD's cheeseburger when I picked her up from the vet...

No comments:

Post a Comment