Life is what we make it... always has been... always will be.



Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Queserdillers

Here's a little somethin' somethin' I had for lunch most of last week. 

I made them for lunch for 2 reasons:

1. I was tired of salads and grilled cheesies.
2. They contain mushrooms and spinach and Tony would not have touched them with a 10 ft. pole.  


You start out with some white wine...

Keep in mind this was at lunch.  Dangerous territory opening a bottle of wine at lunch.  I resisted the urge to pour myself a glass and instead poured some into the pan to saute the shrooms.


Remove shrooms and add spinach leaves.  Cook until wilted (about 1-2 minutes)


Layer the wheat tortilla with cheese, shrooms, and spinach.  I used Munster and Provolone cheese (i heart cheese), but I'm sure you could use any kind.  I think Gina used mozz. 

Cook in a queserdiller maker and DIG IN!!


Yum Yum YUM!!!

P.S. I also added some red onion to it b/c I had some staring at me in the fridge.



2 comments:

  1. That looks super yummy! What a great idea for lunch. I am in desperate need of some new ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure if that bottle would have been red it would have been a different story :)

    ReplyDelete