Life is what we make it... always has been... always will be.



Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Taco Soup

Hi, it's cold here in Kansas.  Still.  Weather guy says it's supposed to snow AGAIN today, but Friday should be 70 and sunny.  Sounds about right. 

While it's cold and yucky out today, I thought I'd share another soup recipe that will warm your tushes. 

Taco Soup
2 lb hamburger
1 onion, chopped
1 (46 oz) can tomato juice
1 tsp cumin
2 cans chili beans
1 pkg taco seasoning - more to taste
2 cups frozen corn
1/4 cup fresh cilantro (I usually leave this out)

Garnishes: Taco chips, sour cream, grated cheese, chopped olives, picante sauce, chopped onions

Brown hamburger and onion; drain. Stir in tomato juice, cumin, chili beans, taco seasoning, frozen corn and clilantro; simmer at medium heat for 20 minutes. Top with your choice of garnishes!




It's sort of like chili, but mexican.  Really really easy to throw together and it doesn't have a lot of ingrediants.  I've also made it in a crockpot, just cook it on low all day while your at work.  Wonderful as leftovers too!

1 comment: