Life is what we make it... always has been... always will be.



Thursday, March 24, 2011

D.U.

Otherwise known as Duck's Unlimited.  Emily's fiance is one of main guys in charge of the annual Duck's Unlimited Event each spring and if you remember from last year, we were volunteered to bartend. 

This year's event was a Mardi Gras theme, so we contemplated how to incorporate that in with camo.  Needless to say, we decided to just dress normal and Biggs picked up some masks. 


Last year we had some issues with pouring liquor.  Evidently we made the drinks too strong and that's the reason we ran out of booze.  The man in charge was sure to tell us about seven different times to not pour the drinks half & half.  Taking all the fun out of our lives for sure.  One of the members came up to the bar and in front of everyone said (while pointing at me) 'that blonde is the reason I got so hammered last year!'  My bad.  If you can't hang, go home.  So we eased up on the pours, and I was put on beer duty...  back by the box of Franzia.  I didn't complain.

There was over 400 men there this year, and some supporting wives, who I'm sure just came along so their hubby's didn't come home with another shotgun, or duck poster, lamp, table, china, necklace, silverware, etc. I don't blame them, they had it all folks.  There was seriously a swarovski crystal necklace with a glass pendant that had a duck etched into it.  We tried talking Emily into getting it for her wedding day, and then she spent the rest of the night talking Dave out of it. 
A lot of their auction stuff was actually really awesome, including multiple trips and a few buckets of wine.  My favorite was called a 'Man Table'.  It looked exactly like an end table (nice and pretty) and opened up like a mini fridge to store beer.  Genious!  I would definitely let Tony have one of those, or two, or one in each room. 

Here we are in all our glory...



Afterwards we headed to Maloney's, but not before Biggs almost talked herself into going on a trip to Jamaica with the guy who won it.  And not before she stood on the bar and poured whiskey down a drunk hunter's throat.  Like I even have to say it... Best Bartenders Ever. 


5 comments:

  1. My parents were definitely at the DU event last year and came home with a ridiculous dog statue. They love the statue and had fun at the event. I'll have to ask if they remember the bartenders :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan, that is so funny! I remember talking to your mom b/c I recognized her! Small world. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! Did you know Tommy Stein (Wiseman's husband) is the creator of the Man Table? No joke, he is trying to sell them everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and you totally missed the memo on wearing purple or burple.

    ReplyDelete